Integrative Wellness 101
"Wellbeing is not just another word for physical health—it is about finding balance in body, mind, and spirit. In this state, we feel content, connected, energized, resilient, and safe."
Wellbeing Model (2014)
Integrative health practice is based on several related principles of health care:
1. Encouragement of self-care and personal responsibility for health
2. Engagement of the mind, body, and emotions as necessary to good health
3. Promotion of vibrant health, wellness and the achievement of one's potential
is a lifestyle approach to healthcare & health promotion that is "holistic" or "whole person" recognizing the interrelationships among social, physical, psychological, & environmental dimensions of health and well-being.
4. Use of alternative and complementary therapies that are safe and effective
5. Reliance on natural and less expensive approaches to achieving good health